Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Psalm 139:13-14–Formed By God

Psalm 139:13-14: "For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well."

The book of Psalms is a book of worship, most of it as prayers and praises sung directly to God.  This particular chapter, the 139th, deals exclusively with God's uttermost knowledge of us.  From the inner parts and depths of our beings to the most secret desires and thoughts: God knows them all.  There is no bit of ourself small enough or insignificant enough to escape His sight.  After all, do you know how many hairs are on your head?  He does (Luke 12:7).  Nothing escapes His sight and knowledge; nothing.  And nothing could be more joyful than this truth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17