Saturday, December 14, 2013

Glory to God

Glory to God.  Despite this being at the the very center of the intended human experience, so few people either understand it or accept it at all.  But it is integral to our identity and our utmost purpose, recognizing that we were created in His image to bear His image.  In other words, God created us as testimonies, objects that praise His glory.  He did this not because He required praise–He had and has no need for anything.  Rather, He did this for our benefit.

In many circumstances and at several times in my own life, I can attest without overstatement that the most wonderful and fulfilling moments of my life were those in which I was glorifying God with my whole being.  Quite literally and as sincerely as I can convey in written word, I want to assure you that it was at these utterly fulfilling moments that God confirmed His Scriptures in regards to who we are and what God made humans to be and to do.

To the glory and honor of God; this should be and become our life's call as we seek to live a life of meaning and purpose that coheres with who we really are and are meant to be.

Remember this:  Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17