Friday, March 7, 2014

Psalm 139:23-24–Search Me, O God!

Psalm 139:23-24–"Search me, O God, and know my heart!  Try me and know my thoughts!  And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way of understanding!

Like so many of the psalms, this one is a prayer.  It is a heartfelt, honest exclamation to the Lord.  How many of us have every felt confident enough to ask God to search our hearts, to know our thoughts? But this is the kind of vulnerability, the kind of openness that God desires from us.  The Lord wants us to give Him our depths, to open up the deepest parts of ourselves to Him.  That's what this psalm is all about.  We should strive to make this our prayer too as we seek to open our hearts and our minds to the Holy Lord in complete submission and devotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17