Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Will The Circle Be Unbroken? Not if I can help it!

I learned to play guitar from doing sing-alongs with my family, watching with the hawk-like eyes of an eager ten-year-old boy.  We would play all manner of sing-along songs that are so common.  And many of these songs I hope to pass on to my children and grandchildren as they have been passed on to me.  One in particular has, more recently, had a tremendous impact on me because of the simple, yet profound theology it expresses.

"Will the circle be unbroken
by and by, Lord, by and by.
There's a better home awaitin'
in the sky, Lord, in the sky!"

In my life I can only hope to succeed in holding up my arc of the circle as I pass on the circle to those who will come after me.  At the end of things, I can think of nothing more satisfying as being told by my Lord that yes, I did my part in making sure the circle remained unbroken as far as it pertained to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17