Saturday, November 9, 2013

Psalm 16:8–I Shall Not Be Shaken

Psalm 16:8–"I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken."

From time to time in my life I have been shaken.  In fact, there have been times that I was shaken, then stirred, then drank, then spit out too.  These were times in my life in which, for whatever reason, I felt too weak or unable or scatterbrained to handle the scenario(s) that I was facing.  I can speak from experience that in my pre-Christian life, when I hit turbulence, it was prone to shaking me loose from my hinges, unable to keep myself together.  Conversely, since coming to Christ I have found that, although life still bombards like a never ending tremor of earthquakes, I am constantly held secure in my Lord and by His unwavering hand stilling my heart and my life.

To this I can only say: Amen! Praise be to God!

My prayer is for those who do not know Christ to find this strength and courage through a sincere relationship with Him.  And for those who do know Christ, I pray that we would never forget the security that is found only in His name!

1 comment:

  1. We shall not be shaken, with all His love and power inside, He will be our guide.
    Thanks you , Lord,
    Thank you Lord
    Thank you Lord
    Thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17