Monday, September 3, 2012

Getting Right wth Family

For those who may not know me all that well, my youth was not always spent on the straight and narrow.  In fact, most of my youth happened in the brush and brire that rest outside of that good path.  As a result of my earnest wanderings, I often found myself in self-made messes and lacking a mop or broom to clean up my life.

One such instance will stick with me for all my life because it etches into my memory what real family is made of. While the particulars of this mess shall remain nameless, suffice to say that I had made some  mistakes that came to a head one late evening, which resulted in an wholly-deserved, amplified vocalic thrashing from my father.

As my dad was giving me an ear and heart full, and the crescendo of his admonition was approaching, my father grabbed me by the collar and looked directly into my eyes.  My father said something that has burned inside of me ever since and speaks to his God-given wisdom.  He said: "Look, I'm gonna know you for the rest of my life, so d*$%it, we're going to work this out and love eachother."

On this day holiday weekend, I pray that we would all seek out our family and love them.  Reconcile with those with whom there is tension, and care for those who are crestfallen.  This is my simple prayer.  And remember to always praise God for the good blessings that He has given us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17