Monday, September 3, 2012

Planning in order to be More Effective

My natural inclination is towards disorder and improvisation.  At a very early age I was diagnosed with pretty severe ADHD which has been a huge part of who I am in this regard.  One of the effects of such a personality is that I tend to be very comfortable in uncomfortable situations because.  While this propensity towards pandemonium can be an asset in certain scenarios, it can also be a hindrance towards productivity.  As a result, a major part of my personal growth and sanctification has been about learning how to simultaneously take advantage of my comfortability with disorder as well as how to overcome it with some intentional scheduling and focus.

Speaking from the perspective of an ardent abstract-random thinker, to concede to the benefits of being intentional would be a shock if I were to tell this to my fifteen-year-old self.  Although, as it stands today, I have learned without a doubt that God wants us to be intentional about how we will use our time to ensure that it is being used for maximum effect and potency.

Normally, I would make a list of relavent Scripture passages to make the point but for this it might be best to simply point to the nature of creation put forth in Genesis 1.  God created all of creation to have order and He did it with great intention.  God is a good of purpose and we should take that same posture in ourselves.  We should become a people of purpose and of intentionality, who do are not tossed to and fro by the tossing waves of this corporeal life, but who determine to stay true to the paths that God has set out before us.  Therefore, let us determine to plan and to stick to our plans so as to be as effective and significant as we possibly can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17