Saturday, July 20, 2013

Proverbs 26:10–The Worst Kind of Fool

Proverbs 26:10: "Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes?  There is more hope for a fool than for him."

This verse and those like it have become sort of a rubric for me, a litmus test for gauging foolishness in both myself and the people around me.

It is a simple question: do I think I am wise?

The reality is that there are two kind of fools: the kind that do not know they are fools, and the other, far worse kind.  While it is not a good thing to be foolish, it is far worse to assume that one are not foolish when all the available data may, in fact, say that the person is foolish.  And what's worse, they not only do not know that they are foolish, but they even gloat about how wise they may be in face of their blatant foolishness.  After all, what could be worse than the fool that thinks he is wise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17