Friday, July 12, 2013

Thank You for 30th Birthdays

What to say?  Friday was my 30th birthday and unbeknownst to me my wife and my mother organized a surprise party.  I had no idea, I mean no idea.  My soon-to-be-brother-and-law was taking me frisbee golfing before going to my parents for dinner and–bam!–I am suddenly bombarded by about 40 people that I love and who mean the world to me all at one place singing "Happy Birthday."

Aside from the shock and speechlessness (yes, I was actually speechless), the one thing that struck me was just how absolutely blessed I am.  There is no other way to say it, so I will keep it simple: thank You.  Thank You, Lord, for blessing my life with such amazing family and friends.  Thank You, Lord, for giving me the breath to breathe and live in this amazing world that You have created.  Thank You, Lord, for my mother and my wife, not to mention my father or my sister or a whole list of others!

All I can say is:

Thank You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17