Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Psalm 118:24–This is the Day

Psalm 118:24: "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

I woke up today exhausted.  Not enough sleep and a busy day of walking around in the hot sun made for a sore body and a tired head.  When I finally did get out of bed, which was a fight in itself, I was convinced that it was going to be a trudging sort of day.  You know, the kind of days that feel like you're never quite on all the way.

This verse was nowhere near my lips this morning, I must admit. But it occurred to me that God didn't need to give me a sunshiny day, lungs to breathe the beautiful air, a good job, a lovely wife, and a whole litany of other amazing things.  In fact, although He was in no way obligated to love and bless me He did anyway, and abundantly I might add.  All I can do is utter praise.

Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17