Saturday, October 5, 2013

Isaiah 55:6–Seek Him While He may Be Found

Isaiah 55:6–"Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near."

I have often thought about this concept in my own life.  Perhaps you, like me, are like all humans in that we are prone to bouts of emotional whimsy and fickleness.  What I mean to say is: how often have we found ourselves full of conviction one night only to wake up in the morning indifferent towards the very same thing.

In regards to my own experience, I think of all the times I considered the validity of Christ before I accepted the truth of it all.  During those moments, God was near, yet I was unwilling or unable to call upon despite His closeness.  Thus, the path from death to life, fro mourning to joy, and from sin to salvation was withheld from me, kept out of my grasp because of my own blindness or, perhaps, my own aversion to commitment.

But in the end, for all of us, either we will accept the presence of God or we will reject it.  My earnest prayer for myself, my family, my friends, and for anybody else that I do not (yet) know is that we would always seek after the Lord in Christ and that we would call upon Him when we detect His presence near.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17