Monday, February 3, 2014

Psalm 59:16–Praise With Weight

Psalm 59:16–"But I will sing of Your strength; I will sing aloud of Your steadfast love in the morning. For You have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress."

Life is hard.  There is just no doubt about it.  Full of dramatic highs and lows, it is a roller coaster ride that pushes us to the very bounds of vertigo and can leave us seasick just as easily as it can build our confidence.  Even though we are so prone to ebb and flow, the one sure thing is that this life will undulate and the waves of sweet, bowing highs will be paired with despairing distress and emptiness.  The point is that throughout all of these times, though they may feel so very unstable and insecure, there is a sure Rock, a certain fixed point of Stability to whom we may always look to for safety and refuge.  No one, no where but God Himself.  That is it.  There is no where else to turn.

It is at this point of recognition that the psalmist utters: "But I will sing of Your strength; I will sing aloud of Your steadfast love in the morning. For You have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress."

O that we would realize this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17