Thursday, April 3, 2014

Matt. 11:28-30–Jesus Gives Rest

Matthew 11:28-30–"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

There is no doubt that it could be confusing to consider that what brings rest is to take Christ's yoke upon us.  It is then of great value to understand what Jesus means of when He speaks of a 'yoke' and 'burden' but it is of even greater value to realize that these things are light and easy.  The heart of this matter is that Jesus gives rest to those who are weak and heavy laden, however, it is tremendously liberating to know that to receive this rest involves a simply posture of praise: come to Christ and receive from Him rest.  It is about submission and deference to He who is.  Although it may seem odd, my most immediate and animal response to such information is to take a large, relieving breath.

Thank You, Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17