Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Proverbs 18:2–A Fool Only Wants To Share Opinions

Proverbs 18:2–"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his own opinion."

I have been so prone to this special sort of foolishness in my life.  Perhaps there is a piece of me that is broken, a trigger that gets flipped and prohibits my ears from hearing, my brain from thinking, and starts my mouth moving without much consideration for what it's saying.  It is at these moments of intellectual incapacity where deficiencies of wisdom bring the reality of this verse to light in my life.

In truth, I have been a fool far more often than I would care to admit but I am also keenly aware that the trick to overcoming this particular form of foolishness is a matter of pleasure.  If we would become most pleased with learning and gaining insight rather than merely voicing our opinions, we will go a long way to safeguarding ourselves from being a fool of this ilk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17