Friday, August 16, 2013

Proverbs 16:9–Humans Plan, God Establishes

Proverbs 16:9: "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."

The whole 16th chapter of Proverbs deals with this concept, but it is this verse that hits the nail on the head.  And it is an important verse to remember every so often, because isn't this just the case?  That we would plan each step but it requires the Lord for our plans to be established and reach fulfillment.

I can speak from experience that my heart seems to always be brimming with plans but it has been only when I have commited these plans to the Lord that I have been blessed to see these plans reach their potential, not at all because of my expert administration but because of God's great goodness.

It is, thus, a necessary remembrance to put every plan before God who ultimately establishes our steps!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17