Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Psalm 16:8–I Shall Not Be Shaken

Psalm 16:8: "I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken."

This is a verse which I take very seriously.  It forms the impetus and motivation for most of life, actually.  My thought process's course is founded upon a basic presumption that is so foundational to the core of who I am that I am compelled unabashedly to share it.

God is our Creator.  Because of this, He knows the correct direction and trajectory for every one of us to take.  In other words, He has the right by virtue of being our Creator to set the bearing for our lives.  We are thus obliged by conscious and bound by our beings to either adhere to God's prescribed route or to reject it.

In the end, if we set the Lord always before us, as this verse conveys, it turns out we will inevitably be taking each step as it is meant to be taken in the correct direction; our footing will be sure and our purpose will remain intact and propelling.  However, if we neglect the prescription of this verse, we will inevitably find ourselves lost, anemic, and failing.

The only right course of action, then, is to forever strive to set the Lord before us and follow Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17