Sunday, August 11, 2013

Psalm 119:14–Delighting in the Testimonies of God

Psalm 119:14: "In the way of Your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches."

This verse is not alone in expressing this content, but something about it made me stop and think today.  I had to ask: "Do you delight in the Lord and in His testimonies more than the choicest riches?"

Maybe you aren't as convicted by this simple question as I was but when I asked myself, I had to pause.  I have to admit, that it is not always the case that I delight in the testimonies of the Lord as much as in the riches of this world (by riches of this world I mean mostly food and internet).

But I want to; I want to desire the things of God above everything.

My prayer, then, for today is this:

Lord, please help me.  Please sanctify my priorities that I may desire You above all else.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17