Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sharing a Blessing

Normally, I do not speak autobiographically in this blog.  However, I learned about something from my youth group bunch that touched my heart and confirmed that God is working.

For the past several months three of the youth group members have joined the worship team.  I am a leader in both of these ministries and it truly has been a wonderful joy to see these kids use their talents to worship God through song.

Well, this last weekend the youth group went on a missions trip.  For whatever reason, I was unable to go with them, relegated to other tasks.  Today, at worship rehearsal, the youth group members who were on the missions trip shared with me about something that happened on the trip.

On one of the nights, they were having a bonfire in the community when an acoustic guitar, an acoustic bass, and a hand drum were somehow passed around and the group apparently went into singing one of the worship songs we do fairly often: "Our God Saves" by Paul Baloche.  It occurred to me that for the past several months, when we were playing this song, these kids were singing and learning theology without even knowing it.  I guess that's why we're commanded to speak to each other in hymns, psalms, and spiritual songs.

To be honest, the whole thing brought me to tears of pride that I got the privilege of seeing God work on the hearts and minds of these young people through a song.

Amen and thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17