Thursday, January 23, 2014

James 1:5–Advice for Fools

James 1:5–"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him."

I have an honest confession to make: I am a fool.

More often than I'd care to share I am utterly and hopelessly foolish.  Be it that one comment I made to my wife, the way I said something that should've never been shared, taking the last bite of cheesecake (not to mention having already eaten the majority of it already), or the way I cut-off the car in the next lane because I wasn't paying attention to anything outside of my vehicle.  The verdict is in: I am a fool.

That is why this verse is so profoundly comforting to me.  If you're anything like me then I highly suggest that you take heed to what this verse is asserting, and that you, like me, would earnestly pray to be granted wisdom so as to no longer be foolish.

But praise be to God and His graciousness, that He would impart wisdom to fools so that they may no longer be fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17