Saturday, January 11, 2014

Psalm 118:5-6–Comfort in Distress

Psalm 118:5-6–"Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.  The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?"

Every human who has lived or who will ever live will experience distress.  It is not outlandish to claim that distress is the human condition.  But this is but a portion of the story.  As Christians, we understand that the trials and stresses of this life are as a result of sin.  We also assert that distress and tribulation are but temporary discomforts that pale in comparison to the vast awesomeness of God and His goodness. This means, at the very least, that when we are held under the seemingly-insurmountable weight of life, that we can have a confident hope in the knowledge of God.  We can face distress with hearts solidified not because we feel so strong ourselves, on the contrary!  We understand that our confidence rests solely on the greatness of the Lord God Almighty!

Let us never, not ever forget this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17