Friday, January 10, 2014

Psalm 84:1-2–My Soul Longs For Your Courts, O Lord!

Psalm 84:1-2–"How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts!  My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God."

There is something here about praise and perspective, but mostly this passage is about priority.  The passage, in some ways, asks and answers the question of 'what does your heart desire above all else?'

I have to honestly ask myself if I would agree that my soul longs to the point of swooning as I desire the presence of God.  But isn't that the degree and intensity of passion that this verse is addressing?  In some ways, it is a statement of pure praise, but in another sense it is a call to praise, an exhortation to a deeper devotion, if you will.

Let us take this verse under prayerful consideration as we would seek to love the Lord with every bit of our beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17