Wednesday, June 4, 2014

1 Chron. 29:11–Yours, O Lord, Is The Greatness

1 Chronicles 29:11–"Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the earth is Yours.  Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and You are exalted as head above all."

My life is inundated with mediocrity.  In truth, it is no small thing for anything in my life to be or to become what anyone would call excellent.  Even more so would be the oddity of actually possessing anything remotely resembling true greatness.  True, I am a decent musician; I am a fairly good writer. But for me to be called majestic or glorious or great, well, that would be just plain silly.

God, however, is not like me–or anyone else for that matter.  That's what this verse is about and we should be happy to shout it in exclamation for its truth!

Amen and praise be to God for He is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17