Wednesday, June 18, 2014

2 Chronicles 7:14–If My People Turn...

2 Chronicles 7:14–"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

This verse, and the several like it, are at the same time liberating and difficult.  It is liberating in the sense that it gives us direct life applications for holiness.  That being said, it is difficult in that it tells us precisely what God requires of us: whole-hearted repentance.

Humility.  Prayer.  Seeking His face.  Repentance from sin.

Then...

God hears us.  He forgives us.  And He heals that which is barren.

I could write more (and trust me on this one) but I think this just about covers the important parts that need to be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17