Friday, June 13, 2014

Be Thou My Vision

One of my favorite hymns is "Be Thou My Vision."

It is an ancient Irish tune that was brought into English sometime in the past couple hundred years. In truth, not a whole lot is known about who wrote it or exactly when it originated, but it showed up in an English journal for the first time in 1905.  Be that as it is, I am simply astounded at the depth of wealth of this little tune.  Not only is it a beautiful piece of music, and it most certainly is that, but it is also just brimming with a cry of sincere worship.  Read the first verse.  Let is soak in.  Let it be your prayer as it will be mine today.

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night;
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

1 comment:

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17