Sunday, June 30, 2013

An Identity Crisis

Who do you think you are?

This is the question that was raised by the pastor to the church on Sunday morning.  It is a question that, at its core, is a matter of identity.  In this world, there are many identifiers.  I could say that I am a man, a husband, a son, a brother, a friend, a guitar player, a writer, a college graduate, and a whole host of others.  But while each of these may be true, none of them fully encompasses the core of who I am.

I, as with all things that have ever been created, derive my being from God.  He created me, He gave me my being.  More than that, He made me in His very image, created to reflect His being.  This is the very depth of who I am; there is no escaping it.

But there's more: I am saved.  By the death and resurrection of Christ, I have been transformed from a sinner into a saint.  By His grace I am no longer trapped in the mire of sin, but I have been saved.  So in the end it is who I am: a child of God.

This is the answer to the question of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17