Monday, June 3, 2013

Just Keep it to Yourself Even Though You Want to Blow Up!

Proverbs 12:16–"Fools show their annoyance at once,
but the prudent overlook an insult."

Proverbs 19:11–"Good sense makes one slow to anger,
and it is his glory to overlook an offense,"

Today was just one of those days.  You know, the kind of days in which you find yourself on the cusp of explosion at the next irritation.  In response, I did the only thing I could think of: I got frustrated to the point of anger and then, in a moment of divine clarity, I prayed.  In no way do I want to make it sound like my 'supreme' spirituality is what saved me from detonation.  Rather, I would like to praise God for His help in staying my unsteady emotions.  Referencing these verses, I am reminded that if there be any prudence or good sense in me it is only as God has bestowed His great mercy upon me.  And after a day like today, all I can say is: "Thank You, Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17