Saturday, June 1, 2013

Revelation 4:10-11: Hope in the Eternal Song

Rev 4:10b-11: "They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 'Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created.'"

Whenever I read this passage, I imagine the sweet melodious symphony reverberating through the halls of the great heavenly throne room.  I think of the boom of unison voices, singing out in concert to the great King of all creation.  And I cannot but behold the sheer awesomeness of the sight.  Oh, to cast my eyes upon the crystal glass sea and to hear all the saints throughout the ages sing as one choral ensemble; I can think of no greater pleasure and joy through all eternity.  Although there are times in this life, that I feel the dense and drowning weight of malady and moroseness, I need only think of this great heavenly destination that John describes in his revelation to be reminded of the wonderful and majestically awesome presence of the Holy Lord God Almighty.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guitar Practice Session #3 12/18/17